December 7, 2022
RECIPE: Organic Ginger Tea
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 organic ginger root, washed and sliced
- 2-3 cups of water
- Thinly slice your fresh ginger. You don’t need to peel it first, but do rinse it and scrub off any visible dirt. Plan on about using about a one-inch piece of ginger per cup of tea.
- In a saucepan, combine the ginger with fresh water (use one cup of water per serving).
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for five minutes (or up to 10 minutes, if you want extra-strong tea). I usually think it’s pungent enough at five minutes.
- Pour the tea through a fine sieve to catch all of the ginger. If desired, serve your tea with a thin round of lemon or orange for some complementary acidity. You might also appreciate a light drizzle of honey or maple syrup, which will temper the fiery ginger flavor.
- Serves 2-3 cups of tea