RECIPE: Ocean Spray Citrus Crawfish
- 2 heads garlic, unpeeled
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 (3 ounce) packages dry crab boil
- 1 tablespoon liquid shrimp and crab boil seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 15 red potatoes, washed
- 3 Ocean Spray oranges, halved
- 3 Ocean Spray lemons, halved
- 2 large whole artichokes
- 2 (16 ounce) packages mushrooms, cleaned
- ½ pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 30 pieces baby corn
- 2 (16 ounce) packages smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 50 live crawfish, rinsed
Fill a very large pot about 1/3 full with water. Add in garlic, bay leaves, dry and liquid crab boil seasonings, salt, pepper, potatoes, Ocean Spray oranges and lemons, and artichokes. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms, green beans, onions, and baby corn, and continue to cook, about 15 minutes. Stir in sausage; cook 5 minutes more.
Add crawfish and return the mixture to a boil, then simmer until crawfish shells turn bright red and the tails pull out easily, about 5 minutes. Test for doneness by peeling a crawfish. Be sure not to overcook, or crawfish will become tough.
Remove from the heat and carefully drain all liquid. Serve the crawfish boil hot.