May 30, 2022
RECIPE: EcoFarms™ Stuffed Avocado Appetizers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 12 cooked prawns, deveined (tails left on)
- 1 pear, cored, peeled & diced
- 2 Zespri® SunGold kiwifruit, peeled & diced
- 2 EcoFarms™ avocados, cut in half with seed removed
- 1 cup oil for deep frying
- Handful fine rice vermicelli
- Make dressing by adding salt, minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil to a small bowl and whisk well.
- Add diced pear, kiwifruit and prawns to a medium-sized bowl, add half of dressing and lightly toss.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of each avocado half so avocados sit nicely on the plates. Distribute mixture evenly into the cavity and on top of the avocado for all four halves.
- In a small frying pan, heat deep frying oil until hot. Add rice vermicelli and cook around 5 seconds or until vermicelli is crisp. Remove to paper towel and pat dry. Top each avocado with ¼ of fried noodles and drizzle remaining dressing over avocados as desired.