Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
We are looking for a motivated individual with the drive to establish, grow and maintain a customer base for their assigned territory in our Toronto, ON office. You will sell company products and related services in accordance with established sales target to ensure sales revenue is maximized while maintaining growth for key accounts. If your passionate about building and maintaining effective working relationships in a rapidly changing and high-pressure environment, this may be the right opportunity for you! Come learn with us and contribute to a dedicated team of sales professionals that love what they do.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide sales support to existing customers, aggressively solicit new customers, and make sales presentations.
- Sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets. Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, to resolve final pricing issues, and related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Implement, monitor and achieve department and/or company sales goals, strategies, programs, plans and services. Set goals to increase sales.
- Maintain sales and customer data in computerized files, and evaluate results. Advise the supervisor of sale status and potential problems in a timely manner.
- Manage assigned deals, key accounts or categories in accordance with established standards and practice.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
Who You Are
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with all you come into contact with. Your communication is clear, concise and positively focused.
- You ideally have 5 to 7 years experience in produce sales and marketing and an established and active Retail and Wholesale portfolio. You know the range of our commodities, the produce retail, wholesale and foodservice market and are familiar with the ins and outs of the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA).
- Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business will give you a foundation to build your experience. Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments. You demonstrate integrity and trust in all activities.
- You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you. Travelling for work excites you!
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Excel, Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
- Your degree or diploma in business will give you a foundation to build your experience; agri-business experience is considered an asset.
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry;
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- A competitive total compensation package that includes a full benefits package, lifestyle spending account, and more!
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.