Quality Controller – Kennett Square, PA
We are looking for a Quality Controller to join an energetic team of professionals in a role that offers variety and challenge in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. Reporting to the Regional Quality Control Manager, you will be responsible for conducting a variety of industry testing and ensuring quality and condition results are readily available for allocation. You will ensure internal departments, customers and growers are educated on product specifications. Lastly, you’ll contribute to ensuring all facilities are maintained for optimal product storage and efficiency and build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
What You Will Do
- Inspects both inbound and outbound products upon arrival at the designated location to ensure compliance with established industry standards, company policies, and procedures.
- Monitors the condition and quality of products in inventory, maintains good rotation practices. Records and documents temperature recordings in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Assists in the selection of products for customer shipments, follows established quality standards and procedures to minimize shipment errors and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Investigates and resolves related problems in a timely manner. Liaises with internal and external contacts to collect relevant information. Escalates problems to the supervisor.
- Prepares and sends various condition reports to growers, categories and sales. Ensures product conditions are regularly communicated.
- Supports repack operations, ensures defective product is being graded out and final products meet quality standard.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with warehouse employees, sales functions, commodity managers, and grower representatives.
- Inspects outbound shipments thoroughly to ensure proper product has been picked and quality standards are met.
- Works to minimize costs and maximize returns. Actively seeks to improve processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
What You Bring
- Experienced. You ideally have minimum, 2 – 4 years’ experience with quality assurance in a food production/manufacturing environment; Thorough understanding of relevant food safety systems and knowledge of product grade standards, methods, and techniques of produce inspection preferred.
- Schooled. Your degree, diploma or industry training in a related field will give you a foundation to build your experience. USDA and/or CFIA training is an asset; HACCP and food safety certified is an asset.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA; Highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments. You demonstrate interest in training others.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Strong decision-making and problem solving skills, including the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Excel, computer accounting systems and take to new programs quickly.
Why You Should Consider Us
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.