RECIPE: Envy™ Tres Leches
- 1 1/4 cups oatmilk (or almond milk)
- 1 tbsp lime juice, or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cups raw cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups Envy apples, shredded (leave skin on)
- 1 cups oatmilk, unsweetened
- 1 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 14 oz can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Baked Envy apples: 4 Envy apples, peeled, cored & finely sliced + 4 Tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp lime juice + 1/4 tsp sea salt + Baked
- Cinnamon powder
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F (176 C) & lightly grease a 9×9-inch baking pan with coconut oil. Sprinkle with gluten free flour, Shake out & get rid of excess. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat milk, lime juice & vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt & shredded Envy apples. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients & mix well to combine until a thick pourable batter has formed. Add more flour if too wet, or milk if too thick. Taste & adjust flavors.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish & bake in the middle rack of the oven, for 25-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean & cake looks golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 15 min. Remove from baking dish by running a knife around the edge of pan to loose cake. Place a flat surface on top & invert.
- In a bowl, whisk well milk ingredients & Set aside.
CAKE + MILK + TOPPINGS
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut off top of cake. Place cake back inside baking dish. Poke cake evenly & all way down with a fork.
- Pour MILK mixture over cake until cake is soaked all over. Cover & seal with clear plastic wrap or lid & place in refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Bring cake out of refrigerator, add any toppings you like, serve & LIVE A LIFE WITH GUSTO.
CHEF TATI TIPS
- Serves (6-8)
- Best if you make cake the day before & let it soak in the refrigerator, covered, overnight.
- Top with Baked Envy Apples (find recipe in our past posts)
- Milk mixture leftovers? Make yourself a smoothielicious drink!
- This ENVY APPLES TRES LECHES CAKE is perfect for Valentine’s Day and every day & time of your life & beyond!
- Mucho better when fresh but you can keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. Nope, it’s not freezer friendly amigos..
Recipe courtesy of the Envy