Jr. Technical Support Analyst
Grow our tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer, and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe, and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
As the Jr. Technical Support Analyst (internally known as Jr. Technical Analyst), you provide positive, proactive technical support and maintain network communication stability for internal and external end users via telephone, email, tickets and in person, ensuring adherence to requirements. You perform and provide support based on known procedures and common troubleshooting techniques, adhering to department policies with confidentiality and integrity. You work on assigned projects with supervision or following guides. You will demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Travel to remote sites is required for on site support.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide direct end user support for the office software, ensuring that internal users have what they need to perform day-to-day functions.
- Assist users experiencing operational, hardware, or network problems within their computer systems, by diagnosing problem and communicating action plan if required or fixing the problem at the time.
- Perform set up of employees’ equipment, ensuring proper installation of printers, operating systems, cell phones, PC/laptops, and appropriate software.
- Administer windows servers including Active Directory, User Management, Group Policy, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), and Exchange, ensuring users are being created or disabled accordingly to requested time.
- Perform everyday monitoring and maintenance of backup systems. Assist with support, troubleshooting and maintenance of firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Replace and configure hardware on a set replacement schedule, including computers, printers, cell phones, barcode scanners, and Wi-Fi access points. Test newly deployed system, after files have been transferred or configured, ensuring it is functioning effectively.
- Act as a liaison and/or resource within the organization to define and communicate IT systems and services.
- Participate in the IT on call support weekly rotation, providing after hours support by answering phone calls and responding to users in a timely manner.
- May provide training on latest Operating Systems (OS), software or hardware to end users
- May provide site visits to remote offices as needed to perform duties such as switching out hardware, diagnosing problems and continuing training of employees.
- Provide basic administration of Office 365 / Azure AD
What You Bring:
- Experienced. You ideally have a minimum, 1-3 years of successful proven experience in a technology support role in the field of Information Technology. New graduates are welcome to apply also.
- Schooled. Your post-secondary education in information technology or computer science will give you foundation to build your experience, diploma is preferred. If you have CompTIA, Cisco and/or Microsoft certification training, that really rocks!
- Tech Savvy. You have thorough knowledge of relevant computer systems technology, applications, software tools and equipment.
- Systems Expert. You have a high level of technical knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Linux operating systems. You have proven knowledge of Active Directory (Managing Users and Computers) Group Policy and File server management. You have a solid understanding of Office 365 / Exchange online / Azure AD.
- Analytically Driven. You have strong critical-thinking and analytical skills; ability to appropriately assess and resolve technical issues. Operates with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Solution Focused. You have strong technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently support end users who encounter technical issues. You are highly self-motivated with high standards, with the ability to work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solver. You love a challenge and are known for digging in and finding creative solutions to things as they arise. You have a solutions-focused orientation.
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person, bridging, and building positive relationships across departments and externally at all levels of the organization. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with everyone you encounter. Your communication is clear, concise, and positively focused.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally, and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- A Team Player. You are reliable and can be depended on to support your team; pitching in to help to cultivate a winning team. You have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with general direction.
Why Work for Oppy?
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry;
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that a full benefits package, lifestyle spending account, and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.