March 1, 2022
RECIPE: Happy Berry™ hydroponic strawberry Easter “eggs”
- 1-2 pounds California Happy Berry™ strawberries
- 2 or more 12-ounce bags of Candy Melts
- 1 jar sprinkles or other toppings
- Rinse strawberries with cool water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place candy melts in small microwavable bowl. Heat for 1 minute and stir well. Continue to microwave and stir at 30 second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- Dip dry strawberries into the melts to about halfway and then place on parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Repeat heating/melting procedure with accent color(s). Once melted, spoon into small sealable bags or piping bags. If using a sealable bag, just snip off a tiny tip of the bottom corner and then drizzle on the coated strawberry.
- To add sprinkles, make sure the coating is still wet when applying so that the sprinkles stick.
- If needed, refrigerate until firm.
Recipe courtesy of the California Strawberry Commission