In our business of perishables, time is of the essence. To reduce costs and enhance value we ship our growers’ product based on anticipated demands, importing to a point of entry as close to our buyers as possible. Primary ports of call include:
- Holt Terminal, Gloucester City, New Jersey, USA
- Port Everglades, Miami, Florida, USA
- Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, California, USA
- Port of Newark, Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Port of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Port of Wilmington, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
- Port of Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Tioga Marine Terminal, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
In late autumn and early winter, we fly small quantities of berries and stone fruit from South America to Los Angeles, Miami and Vancouver—giving our growers a jump-start on the season.
We cross from Mexico into Arizona at Nogales, and into Texas at Laredo and McAllen. Our Canadian-grown produce enters the U.S. at Blaine, Washington. Oppenheimer Transport, our in-house transportation service, is fully committed to safe, on-time deliveries and the safeguarding of product integrity.
Strategically located cold storage facilities house our produce as it is phased into the market. Primary facilities include:
- Agri-Packing, Nogales, Arizona, USA
- Cool Pak Solutions, Carson, California, USA
- Coldfresh Storage & Logistics, Miami, Florida, USA
- Manfredi Cold Storage, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, USA
- Maruzen Cold Storage, Dominguez Hills, California, USA
- Maruzen Cold Storage, Carson, California, USA
- The Oppenheimer Group, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
- The Oppenheimer Group, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our repack facilities allow us to customize fruit to retailers' exacting standards, transforming bulk fruit into bags or clamshells, enhancing the marketability of key items.
We condition avocados to our customers’ specifications at ripening facilities in Manfredi Cold Storage, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, and Maruzen Cold Storage in Dominguez Hills, California.
Because relationships are so essential in our industry, we have positioned our offices in close proximity to the majority of U.S. and Canadian retail decision-makers. For a complete list of our offices click here.