Trouble File Coordinator
Grow our tomorrow. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 20 years and one of Canada’s (and BC’s) Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
Recognized as a Top 100 Employer and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!), our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
Reporting to the Director, Grower Financial Operations, the Trouble File Coordinator ensures timely processing and resolution of sales order exceptions (trouble files). Monitors and oversees process efficiency, communicating with all parties to facilitate prompt conclusion of trouble files.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to internal questions and coordinate research on more complex files to ensure all team members have a clear understanding of issues.
- Participate and contribute to process improvement and training initiatives for trouble files and related topics.
- Establish and maintain clear and appropriate documentation on the trouble file process including notes within the ERP system.
- Provide direction to trouble file owners (primarily sales team) for documenting, processing and resolving trouble files, to enable timely grower settlements.
- Maintain effective relationships and communications across all departments.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
Who You Are:
- Experienced. You ideally have minimum, 1 – 2 years’ experience in an accounting environment or related field.
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in accounting and finance will give you a foundation to build your experience.
- Service-Oriented. You have an inherent understanding that success leads back to attitude and creating positive, productive relationships and experiences. You have received positive feedback on the way you service customers, paying attention to details and solving problems to make things happen.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. You work to identify and anticipate business needs. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail. You have the ability to prioritize multiple demands in a timely manner.
- Analytical. You have strong evaluative and analytical skills; ability to problem solve and make appropriate accounting decisions.
- Resilient. You remain positive and poised in all situations, you understand that the world is a dynamic place. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with a diverse range of people and experience levels both internal and external to an organization
- Exceptional Communicator. You have strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to be focused and clear while establishing and maintaining effective business relationships.
- Tech Savvy. Possess advanced knowledge of Excel; have general knowledge of computer accounting systems and the ability to learn new ones quickly. Possess the ability to handle a high volume of email.
Why Work for Oppy?
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry;
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that a full benefits package, lifestyle spending account, and more.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.