Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 20 years and one of Canada’s (and BC’s) Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for someone to join our fast-growing Transportation division. Join a team that is passionate about what they do and poised for significant growth. This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunities for career development – come to work where can make a difference!
What You Will Do
As a Transportation Coordinator you will be prepared to jump in feet-first to support the busy transport team; your remarkable organizational skills will be in high use as you coordinate the transport of products across Canada and the USA. Your commitment to unbelievable customer service and your ability to bridge positive relationships will be indispensable as you collaborate with storage facilities, transport companies and the internal sales team to move product. Develop strong, lasting customer relationships by anticipating their requirements and delivering on needs in a professional and proactive manner.
- Receive product delivery orders from internal and external contacts. Work with storage facilities, transport companies, and sales personnel to coordinate transportation activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Arrange schedules and dispatch appropriate transport vehicles for product loading at designated locations in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with internal and external contacts to exchange information and to verify delivery requirements.
- Receive, input, and maintain computerized information and records (e.g. load status, 3PL orders and on-time arrival statistics). Approve invoices and enter for payment.
- Schedule after hours shipping and receiving; track delivery to ensure completion. Ensure that stakeholders are kept current on potential problems.
- Investigate and resolve related problems in a timely manner, liaising with internal and external contacts. Escalate problems to appropriate department and/or individual.
- Produce timely reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
What You Bring
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep proactively trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Composed. You remain poised under pressure and find a high volume environment invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; weekend or evening work does not faze you.
- Schooled. You have a degree or diploma in business; supply chain management or related is an asset. Previous transportation experience considered an asset.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around MS Excel, Word and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
Why Work for Oppy?
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We offer a hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and at-home work arrangements.
- You’ll receive a competitive total compensation package that includes a pension and benefits.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please visit us at www.oppy.com. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected].
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.