Transportation Coordinator (Part-Time)
Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
As the after-hours Transportation Coordinator, you will facilitate the transport of products for an assigned region, ensuring that activities are in alignment with industry standards, company policies, procedures and objectives. Reporting into the Transportation Manager, you will collaborate with storage facilities, transport companies and sales to move product; provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers. You will demonstrate paramount flexibility and availability to cover the weekends to support the department function and the team.
Schedule: 16-20 hours per week
Saturday: 7AM – 7PM; Sunday: 7AM – 3PM
What you will be doing
- Receive product delivery orders from internal and external contacts. Work with storage facilities, transport companies, and sales personnel to coordinate transportation activities in accordance with policies and procedures
- Arrange schedules and dispatches appropriate transport vehicles for product loading at designated locations in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with internal and external contacts to exchange information and to verify delivery requirements
- Receive, inputs, and maintains computerized information and records (e.g. load status, 3PL orders and on-time arrival statistics) in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures. Approve invoices and enters for payment
- Schedule after hours shipping and receiving; tracks delivery to ensure completion. Ensure that stakeholders are kept current on potential problems.
- Investigate and resolves related problems in a timely manner, liaising with internal and external contacts. Escalate problems to appropriate department and/or individual.
- Produce timely reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop business relationships.
- Highly developed communication skills and a strong teamwork orientation.
- Knowledge of the standards and procedures in the transport industry.
- Ability to work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise proactively with appropriate parties.
- Well organized, flexible, proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing work environment; proven ability to successfully manage conflict.
- Ability to be on-call and to occasionally work outside of work hours.
- Degree, diploma, or related industry training in business with a focus on supply chain, logistics, and/or transportation preferred.
- Minimum, 2-years’ transportation coordinator or related experience preferred.
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.