Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
Reporting to the Director, Transportation, the Transportation Coordinator facilitates the transport of products for an assigned region, ensuring that activities are in alignment with industry standards, company policies, procedures and objectives. Collaborates with storage facilities, transport companies and sales to move product; provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Demonstrates paramount flexibility and availability to cover the weekends to support the department function and the team. Maintains effective working relationships in a rapidly changing, high-pressure environment.
- Receives product delivery orders from internal and external contacts. Works with storage facilities, transport companies, and sales personnel to coordinate transportation activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Arranges schedules and dispatches appropriate transport vehicles for product loading at designated locations in a timely and accurate manner. Liaises with internal and external contacts to exchange information and to verify delivery requirements.
- Receives, inputs, and maintains computerized information and records (e.g. load status, 3PL orders and on-time arrival statistics) in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures. Approves invoices and enters for payment
- Schedules after hours shipping and receiving; tracks delivery to ensure completion. Ensures that stakeholders are kept current on potential problems.
- Investigates and resolves related problems in a timely manner, liaising with internal and external contacts. Escalates problems to appropriate department and/or individual.
- Produces timely reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Participates in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Enhanced interpersonal skills; proven ability to cultivate a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods, standards, and practices of transportation; previous experience with the transportation of produce or perishable commodities is an asset.
- Knowledge of the product supply chain including manufacturing, quality control and warehousing.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, exercising good judgement, timeliness, and dependability.
- Well organized, flexible, proactive, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Knowledge of the relevant computer systems, network and telecommunications technology, applications, tools, and equipment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Degree, diploma, or related industry training in business with a focus on supply chain management is an asset.
- Minimum, 2-years’ experience in transportation, logistics and/or supply chain.
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized, where meaningful impact and contributions happen.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that includes health, dental & vision coverage, 401k match, tuition reimbursement and benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.