Transportation Account Manager
Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America’s top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
We are looking for someone to join our fast growing Transportation division. Join a team that is passionate about what they do and poised for significant growth.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunities for career development – come to work where can make a difference!
What You Will Be Doing
As a Transportation Account Manager, you will be managing key customer relationships with assigned accounts for our third party logistics business. Your remarkable organizational skills will be in high use as you support existing accounts by coordinating the transport of products across Canada and the USA. Your commitment to unbelievable customer service and your ability to bridge positive relationships will be indispensable as you collaborate with storage facilities, transport companies and the internal sales team to move product. You will:
- Develop strong, lasting customer relationships by anticipating their requirements and delivering on needs in a professional and proactive manner.
- Arrange schedules and dispatch appropriate transport vehicles for product loading at designated locations in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with internal and external contacts to exchange information and to verify delivery requirements.
- Receive product delivery orders from external contacts. Work with storage facilities, transport companies, and sales personnel to negotiate pricing, coordinate transportation activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist existing transport team members with servicing internal customers as needed.
- Receive, input, and maintain computerized information and records (e.g. load status, customer orders and on-time arrival statistics). Approve invoices and enter for payment.
- Schedule after hours shipping and receiving; track delivery to ensure completion. Ensure that stakeholders are kept current on potential problems.
- Manage potential issues and conflicts; proactively and positively liaise with team members and other departments to problem solve and develop action plans to prevent reoccurring issues.
- Produce timely reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep proactively trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Composed. You remain poised under pressure and find a high volume environment invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; weekend or evening work does not faze you.
- Experienced. You have a few years experience in the transportation or 3PL industry and ideally have a degree or diploma in business with a focus in operations, logistics or transportation.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around MS Excel, Word and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please visit us at Oppy.com. To apply kindly email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected] or use the form below.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.