Transportation Account Manager
Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Transportation Account Manager, you will be managing key customer relationships with assigned accounts for our third party logistics business. Your remarkable organizational skills will be in high use as you support existing accounts by coordinating the transport of products across Canada and the USA. Your commitment to unbelievable customer service and your ability to bridge positive relationships will be indispensable as you collaborate with storage facilities, transport companies and the internal team to move product. You will:
- Become an expert in selling dedicated capacity, our business model and competitive advantages and proprietary software.
- Develop and grow a book of existing customer accounts by providing exceptional service.
- Distribute annual business reviews with customers to strengthen relationships and pursue growth opportunities.
- Acquire a deep understanding of and bring to market Oppy Transport’s strategic advantage.
- Arrange schedules and dispatch appropriate transport vehicles for product loading at designated locations in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with internal and external contacts to exchange information and to verify delivery requirements.
- Initiate and receive product delivery orders from external contacts. Work with storage facilities, transport companies, and sales personnel to negotiate pricing, coordinate transportation activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist existing transport team members with servicing internal customers as needed.
- Receive, input, and maintain computerized information and records (e.g. load status, customer orders and on-time arrival statistics). Approve invoices and enter for payment.
- Schedule after hours shipping and receiving; track delivery to ensure completion. Ensure that stakeholders are kept current on potential problems.
- Manage potential issues and conflicts; proactively and positively liaise with team members and other departments to problem solve and develop action plans to prevent reoccurring issues.
- Produce timely reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep proactively trying until you get results.
- Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with a diverse range of people and experience levels.
- You have passion and the confidence to be an extraordinary networker and will keep trying until you get results. You have a way with words, relish the opportunity to pitch something to an audience and never shy away from the difficult conversations.
- You have minimum, 2 – 5 years’ of account management experience in the transportation or 3PL industry, and ideally have a degree or diploma in business with a focus in operations, logistics or transportation.
- You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; weekend or evening work does not faze you.
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that includes health, dental & vision coverage, 401k match, tuition reimbursement and benefits.
Find out more about us: www.oppy.com