Specialist, Financial Reporting (Mat Leave Coverage)
Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 18 years and one of BC’s Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! Looking for an opportunity to grow and learn in a fast-paced and interesting global organization? We have a new opportunity for a Specialist, Financial Reporting (Mat Leave Coverage) to assist with a range of financial analysis and prepare financial reports in accordance with ASPE and IFRS. Bring your analytical skills and join a dedicated team of professionals in a role that offers variety and challenge in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
You will have broad exposure to the business and to key stakeholders as you prepare accurate and timely financial information that facilitates sound decision making. This diverse role offers opportunity for a motivated and collaborative self-starter that is keen to learn.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with team members to prepare timely and accurate monthly reporting packages and other information as required by one of the company’s significant shareholders, an Irish public-company, Total Produce
- Prepare consolidated monthly and quarterly financial statements in accordance with ASPE and IFRS for key stakeholders including the Executive, Board of Directors and key shareholders
- Contribute to creating presentations and board reports that articulate financial operating results, key trends and variances
- Review financial operating results, identifying key trends, drivers and variances; measuring financial results against budget and forecast
- Provide support to external and internal auditors
- Work with the accounting and finance team to establish and maintain accounting systems, processes, policies and related internal controls necessary to prepare the company’s budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting in compliance accounting standards, tax requirements and management reporting requirements
- Assist with preparing accounting memos to document adoption of new and amended accounting standards and complex accounting issues
Who You Are
- Collaborative. You have been recognized as an enthusiastic team player; bridging and building positive relationships across departments. Your team members can count on you pitch in where necessary and help the team succeed.
- Proactive. You are a self-starter that is comfortable working autonomously, you take initiative and are keen to learn and contribute.
- Flexible. You are used to juggling multiple projects and shifting priorities when needed. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done, occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- Analytical. You have an ability to pair a keen attention to detail with a macro business view, you can analyze numbers with a broader business perspective. Spotting inconsistencies and trends is your thing.
- Articulate. You have a degree or diploma in Accounting and Finance; CPA designation is an asset.
- Experienced. You have a few years experience in accounting and reporting and are keen to grow your skills. Ideally you have a few years experience at a public accounting firm.
Why Work for Oppy
- We are the size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please visit us at oppy.com. To apply kindly email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected] or use the form below.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.