Supply Chain Coordinator
Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America’s top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for a motivated individual with a keen attention to detail and an interest in learning about an exciting and dynamic industry. Get to know and interact with growers around the world as you help to bring produce to the North American market. Join a global team that is passionate about what they do in an industry that offers diverse opportunities.
If you enjoy a challenge and would love to contribute your sharp analytical and organizational skills to a dedicated and dynamic team, this is the opportunity for you!
What You Will Be Doing
In this diverse role, your excellent attention to detail and coordination skills, paired with a strong understanding in inventory management will help you effectively manage packaging, inventory and other supply chain related activities. You will provide internal departments timely and accurate inventory information as it relates to company packaging. You will coordinate elements of the packaging purchasing and inventory function while maintaining and reconciling records. Additionally, you will help manage the company’s container pooling (CHEP) and reusable packaging container (RPC) programs. You will manage, audit, and maintain CHEP and RPC programs in Canada and the USA maintaining a solid inventory control procedures. By proactively identifying issues and discrepancies, you will reduce the company risk and exposure, conducting highly detailed work in an ever changing, dynamic office environment. You will:
- Interact and communicate directly with multiple business areas to ensure accurate forecast planning.
- Coordinate with packaging vendors under the direction of the National Manufacturing Manager to order required packaging based on forecasted volumes.
- Track status of purchase orders; monitor timelines of vendors, associate costs, and address issues requiring resolution.
- Advise on incoming shipments, and liaise with manufacturing to confirm product availability.
- Maintain continuous contact with internal/external parties to resolve transactional issues and support Oppy Manufacturing.
- Place CHEP and RPC orders for all Oppy locations and select grower partners; creates PO’s and manage processes.
- Conduct sound inventory management; maintain packaging inventory records in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Initiate and lead physical inventory/audit procedures to ensure accuracy for all packaging, CHEP and RPC accounts as required.
- Research and resolve inventory issues as they arise in a timely manner; escalating problems to the supervisor as necessary.
- Monitor the receipt, rotation and movement of packaging inventory.
- Manage, audit, and maintain Canadian and USA CHEP and RPC accounts, includes monitoring CHEP KPI’s for all Oppy associated locations to produce weekly/monthly detailed reports.
- Maintain cost control and loss prevention procedures for CHEP and RPC assets. Resolve identified account issues including invoicing, negative balances, late reporting, suspended transactions and EDI related reporting discrepancies.
- Collaborate with grower partners to ensure accurate CHEP and RPC management. Report discrepancies and maintain regular communication to ensure transactions are resolved.
- Analyze inventory and work order consumption; create reports as needed in different areas to provide visibility and controls.
- Contribute to continuous improvement systems and processes; help identify opportunities and drive change through to improve efficiencies and collaboration.
Who You Are
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You are reliable and can be depended on to support your team; pitching in to help to cultivate a winning team.
- Detail Oriented. You have an eye for detail. You are experienced with accurately evaluating and processing a large volume of transactions and have been recognized for your ability to spot trends and discrepancies.
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments and externally. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with all you come into contact with. Your communication is clear, concise and positively focused.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Problem Solver. You love a challenge and are known for digging in and finding creative solutions to things as they arise.
- Tech Savvy. You have intermediate knowledge of Excel, and take to new programs quickly.
- Experienced. Experience in inventory management, analytics or business coordination would fit for this role. Degree, diploma or related industry training in supply chain management would be a great match.
Why join our team
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please visit us at Oppy.com. To apply kindly email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected] or use the form below.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.