Specialist, Learning & Development
Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 19 years and one of BC’s Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for a motivated and experienced human resources professional who has a proven track record of effective collaboration and a passion for growing and contributing in the learning & development space. If you have experience in developing training content, an aptitude for organization-centered design, and the ability to build engaging e-learning content, this could be the perfect fit for you. We are looking for a well-rounded HR professional who can think strategically while operating tactically with wicked organizational skills and an eye for detail. Join a global team that is passionate about what they do in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be an integral part of a small team that supports operations across Canada, USA, and Chile. You will contribute to the design of the global talent strategy with a strong focus on the learning and development portfolio. Your commitment to superior service and your ability to build constructive relationships at all levels will be indispensable as you support a wide range of employee programs and strategies.
- Collaborate with the talent and culture team to design and develop new training programs in formats that fit identified needs including e-learning modules, online delivery, etc.
- Actively build pre-identified subject areas into online learning content using Articulate 360.
- Use instructional design and adult learning principles to design e-learning and blended solutions that are engaging and interactive. Incorporate a variety of methods to meet various learning styles.
- Develop supplementary materials to support development programs including communications, quick reference guides, and infographics.
- Evaluate and recommend techniques to increase usability and interest including gamification and micro learning.
- Source external training to support and enhance the learning portfolio; recommend cost-effective training options to meet objectives.
- Support the onboarding process, contributing content, evaluating effectiveness, and contributing to enhancements as needed.
- Collaborate and contribute to the development and integration of global competency frameworks into the learning and development strategy.
- Assist with program budgeting and forecasting, be resourceful to work within the established budget to get maximum content and value.
- Deliver training sessions in a variety of formats including live, online, or through e-learning modules.
- Measure learning program success, including developing metrics for stakeholder groups.
- Provide hands-on support for a range of programs and activities that promote a high-performance culture with a focus on learning and development.
- Partner with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify current and future training needs, aligning priorities with business goals and objectives.
- Actively contribute to talent and culture strategy and objectives. Participate in various initiatives and projects to support departmental priorities.
- Support various people and culture projects and functions as needed, maintaining a high level of collaboration, service and responsiveness.
- Promote a customer-focused, collaborative culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Resourceful. You rise to the occasion when faced with ambiguity. You take the time to understand the dynamics and needs of the organization and move things forward; you love to deliver results.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and keen attention to detail.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you reach out to build relationships with internal partners and are dedicated to high levels of service.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a collaborator; bridging and building positive relationships across departments. Your team members can count on you pitch in where necessary and help the team succeed.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations. You have strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. And of course protecting sensitive information and upholding the highest level of professionalism is a given.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Problem Solver. You love a challenge and are known for digging in and finding creative solutions to things as they arise.
- Experienced. You have a degree or diploma in Human Resources and demonstrated knowledge of instructional design and adult learning concepts and experience in learning solutions development. You ideally possess at least a few years experience in generalist human resources work with experience in hands-on learning program development. You have the ability to develop, implement, and deliver successful and engaging programs. A CPHR or Certified Training and Development Professional designation is an asset.
- Tech Savvy. You are experienced with Microsoft Office and are familiar with virtual learning environments and blended learning approaches, take to new programs quickly and ideally have experience with learning management systems and authoring tools such as Articulate.
- Continuous Learner. You have a proven track record of staying abreast of best practice learning developments and have an ability to dig-in and teach yourself new programs quickly.
Why Join our Team
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please visit us at www.oppy.com. To apply kindly email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected]
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.