Senior Sales Representative
Who We Are
Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 18 years and one of BC’s Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for a motivated, connected and pragmatic sales professional. With accountability to the sales leadership team and collaborating with the category leadership team you will contribute dedicated team of professionals that love what they do. Come join a global team that is passionate about what they do and positioned for significant growth
Who You Are
The Senior Sales Representative acts as a liaison between the company at a senior level and growers, retail customers, and within the industry. They will establish, maintain, and develop a customer base for each assigned product/territory while assisting the Sales Manager in the development and promotion of new product lines. They will also ensure that product price and Grower returns are maximized to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth. The Senior Sales Representative will provide leadership in their role and manage multiple lines of commodities, working to actively grow the business and its networks. The ideal candidate will work effectively with other departments, maximizes and coordinates marketing efforts, maintain an extensive network of contacts, gather market intel, and source items where possible.
What You Will Do
- Proactively builds, establishes and maintains a customer base for the assigned territory. Provides sales support to existing customers and solicits new customers in order to meet established sales targets.
- Sells company products and services; communicating frequently to the customer base, conducting face-to-face visits and making sales presentations as required.
- Implements, monitors and achieves department and/or company sales goals, strategies, programs, plans and services. Sets and achieves sales targets for own accounts.
- Proactively identifies customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Provides seasonal updates to customers on specific commodities to support customers in determining optimal promotional opportunities.
- Anticipates industry trends and recognizes sales opportunities by being aware of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs available through Oppenheimer and utilizing these to effectively assist customers and other team members.
- Monitors supply to ensure the right type and volume of produce is at the warehouse or en route for future business.
- Liaises with category teams, Business Development Representatives and Category Directors to support the Grower base during high inventory pressure periods or in planning for future business.
- Liaises with DOT, Operations/QC, and Accounting departments to ensure farm to customer orders are completed with the best possible outcomes and profitability.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with all departments to expedite and resolve all aspects of sales including: shipping, pricing, accounting/billing, and marketing needs in a timely manner.
- Prepares and enters sales forecasts in computerized files and evaluates results. Advises the sales manager of sales status and potential problems in a timely manner.
- Completes sales related paperwork including order entries, invoicing and final pricing, and customs/border paperwork and trouble files in a timely and correct manner.
- Takes on responsibilities of Key Account Manager or Deal Manager for major accounts in accordance with established standards and practice.
- Acts as a mentor to junior sales team members; shares knowledge, trains and develops capabilities in order to increase the bench strength of the sales team.
- Carries out other related duties as they relate to specific locations.
What You Bring
- Advanced knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and selling products and services.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, concepts, and standards including the produce retail, wholesale, and foodservice markets.
- Knowledge of the Perishable Agriculture Commodities Act (PACA).
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Desire to promote a customer-focused culture in alignment with the company’s core values, guiding principles and goals.
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to set priorities and meet target goals.
- Ability to function in a high pressure, fast-paced sales environment.
- Demonstrable integrity and trust in all activities, with the ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including ability to listen and communicate information and ideas clearly through a variety of mediums.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and organize daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to speak Spanish is considered an asset.
Why You Should Consider Us
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.