Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 20 years and one of Canada’s (and BC’s) Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! Are you a highly collaborative and organized team player who lives for the thrill of reaching and exceeding your targets? Do you have a proven track record of building effective relationships and a passion for continuous improvement? If so, The Oppenheimer Group (Oppy to our friends), has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Assistant. If you are self-motivated and get the job done while still excelling as a member of the pack, then come join a dedicated team of professionals with a role that offers unique challenges and opportunities for growth.
What You Will Be Doing
You will provide support to the sales team with the day-to-day operational and administrative needs by analyzing inventory and assisting with coordinating orders in a timely and accurate manner. Your energy and customer service orientation will drive you to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers while maintaining effective working relationships throughout the organization. You will build on your growing knowledge to collaborate with sales team members to grow the sales in the region.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist the sales department in conducting sales activities, planning for sales strategies and inventory management.
- Answer incoming sales calls in a professional, courteous manner and providing excellent customer service.
- Learn to build, establish and maintain a customer base for the assigned territory. Provide sales support to existing customers, solicit new customers, and make sales presentations as needed.
- Once your core knowledge in our business is sound, you will sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets.
- Over time, you will learn to proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, resolve final pricing issues and address other related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales or marketing will give you a foundation on which to build your experience.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Experienced. You ideally have 2-3 years experience in administration and sales support. However, we may consider an entry level candidate that has high drive to learn and build a career in the dynamic produce industry.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness, tenacity and relentless grit are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.
Why Work for Oppy?
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We offer a hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and at-home work arrangements.
- You’ll receive a competitive total compensation package that includes a pension and benefits.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.