Produce Procurement Coordinator/Representative
Grow our tomorrow. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 20 years and one of Canada’s (and BC’s) Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!), our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for a motivated individual with experience or interest in procurement, sales and inventory with a passion for the produce industry to learn and grow with us. We welcome applicants with produce, purchasing and administrative experience or a keen individual who is light on experience but has the drive to learn. This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for growth. Are you ready to put your energy behind building a successful career in procurement? Come learn with us and contribute to a dedicated team of produce professionals that love what they do.
What You Will Be Doing
Your energy and customer service orientation will drive you to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers while maintaining effective working relationships throughout the organization. You will learn and grow from seasoned leaders in the industry and support the purchasing, sales and category team members with their day-to-day operational and administrative needs.
- Assist with sourcing and negotiating with shippers and buyers with a focus on building strong and sustainable relationships.
- Assist the Sales department in conducting sales, planning, and forecasting inventories.
- Work with almost every aspect of the business, including Sales, Accounting, Quality Control, Operations and external customers.
- Liaise with Operations and Transportation to ensure trucks are loaded and customers receive excellent quality and appropriate quantities, and orders are delivered on time.
- Initialize and enter trouble files in the ERP system and enter credit notes when necessary. Work effectively with sales personnel to resolve issues and disputes regarding shipments, products or accompanying follow-up activity. Help to resolve final pricing issues.
- Ensure all data sent to data partners is accurate and follow up on all rejected data notifications through Trade/Agribuys and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) verification.
- Maintain day-to-day product inventory management for specific locations as assigned. Manage replenishment of produce as assigned and ensure items are correctly priced, shipped, and received.
- May be required to communicate directly with buyers, increasing sales and establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- May analyze and research accounts payable invoices pertaining to sales. May code and post relevant invoices.
- May be responsible for coordinating sales and service support for some accounts, including being responsible for own accounts as assigned by the Procurement Manager or the Sales Manager.
- Liaise with Quality Control, Operations and other departments within the Oppenheimer Group in order to communicate and troubleshoot various elements of the sales process.
- Answer incoming sales calls in a professional, courteous manner and provide excellent customer service by assisting customers when sales employees are not immediately available.
- Enter and update orders and prepare custom documentation to help departmental flow and to ensure product arrives in a timely manner.
Who You Are
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, manage your time effectively, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Communication Maven. You are adept at quickly building impactful presentations, have a way with word, relish the opportunity to pitch something to an audience and never shy away from the difficult conversations.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and take to new programs quickly.
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business will give you a foundation to build your experience.
- Experienced. You ideally have 2 – 3 years experience in administration and sales services, preferably in the produce industry; however, we may consider an entry-level candidate that has high drive to learn and build a career in the dynamic produce industry.
Why Work for Oppy?
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We offer a hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and at-home.
- A competitive total compensation package that includes a full benefits package, lifestyle spending account, and more!
- We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.