Produce Inventory Coordinator
Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 18 years and one of BC’s Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! Looking for an opportunity to grow and learn in a fast-paced and interesting global organization? We have a new opportunity for a Produce Inventory Coordinator to allocate product according to customer specifications, ensuring that growers receive the highest price return possible in relation to the quality and condition of products while minimizing market-based costs.
You will verify the accuracy of shipments and ensure products are transported at a competitive price, while considering reconditioning charges, and transfers to regional cold storages. You will also work with the sales, category, and quality control/operations functions to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
What You Will be Doing
- Serve as the key liaison between the sales and quality control and operations departments. Establish effective communication and facilitates optimal collaboration between departments in all locations.
- Provide direction to warehouse/operations to load and ship product according to customer specifications. Ensure that products are accurately allocated for customer orders and all requirements are met.
- Identify and allocate products based on multiple factors including product rotation, market conditions, and logistics considerations.
- Match pallets against order prices, ensuring that premium lots are allocated using established standards and guidelines.
- Monitor rejection rates and strives to meet or improve on annual rejection rate targets. Collaborate with quality control and operations to improve work processes for exceptional efficiency.
- Disseminate information from quality control, provide recommendations to deal and/or category managers on product shipments, and product reconditioning.
Who You Are
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You are reliable and can be depended on to support your team; occasional weekend work does not faze you.
- Detail Oriented. You have an eye for detail. You are experienced with accurately processing a large volume of transactions and have been recognized for your ability to spot trends and discrepancies.
- Dependable. You can work independently, travel locally, and work flexible hours
- Composed. You remain poised under pressure and find a high-volume environment invigorating.
- Knowledgeable. You have knowledge of methods, product grade standards, and techniques of produce inspection
- Problem Solver. You love a challenge and are known for digging in and finding creative solutions to things as they arise.
- Tech Savvy. You have intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook and take to new programs quickly. Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience considered an asset.
- Schooled. You have a degree, diploma or related industry training in agricultural practices, post-harvest technology.
- Experienced. You have 1-2 years of related experience in quality control, inventory control or allocation in the produce industry.
- Bilingual. The ability to speak Spanish is considered an asset.
Why Work for Oppy
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
If you are interested in the position please email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected] or use the form below.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.