Grow a better tomorrow. As one of North America’s top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
NEW OPPORTUNITY! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and hard-working team, coordinating key elements of the supply chain across North America. Use your high attention to detail and follow-through capabilities to maintain timely and accurate processing of documentation required to transport imported and domestic perishable products. This role will help facilitate the movement of products from seaports and other distribution points to cold storages and/or to customers, ensuring that all release requirements and processes are met to avoid delays and interruptions to the supply chain.
- Facilitates the movement of perishable products from port to storage facilities across North America in a timely and accurate fashion. Seeks to contain costs and improve current processes.
- Coordinates port activities to facilitate the transfer of products from discharge/arrival locations to storage/customers in the most time effective and economic manner. Monitors product delivery to confirm receipt.
- Assists internal customers with sales, inventory, and finance reconciliations. Promotes a high level of customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Manages communication and relationships with port and cold storage operators, transport companies, and internal staff to coordinate all daily activities in a timely manner. May negotiate port to storage freight rates.
- Oversees the compliance of all cold storage requirements and government regulations. Monitors market-based cost controls, and assists with operational budgets.
- Coordinates marine cargo claims including proforma filings, survey scheduling, supporting documents and claim product traceability. Ensures all documents are in place and follows up with all parties to ensure timely and successful claim filing.
- Maintains an organized and accurate record of import documents including, vessel summaries, shipping reconciliations, temperature records, invoices, and freight charges.
- May cover Eastern Canada container port arrivals with associated processes/paperwork.
- Performs other related support activities as needed and assigned.
- Oversees the compliance of all cold storage requirements and government regulations.
- Maintains an organized and accurate record of import documents including, vessel summaries, shipping reconciliations, temperature records, invoices, and phytosanitary certificates.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of import/export government regulations and related procedures; knowledge of North-East Port procedures an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a positive, solutions-based orientation. Ability to research and critically evaluate options, then logically present alternatives to stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully work independently with excellent time management skills, while maintaining strong collaboration and communication with team members.
- Solid proven team work skills, contributing to a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods, standards, and practices of shipping, receiving and distributing goods. Experience in fresh commodity products an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic business math and accounting practices is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word; general computer proficiency.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings, weekends, holidays; ability to travel occasionally within the area.
- Degree, diploma or related training in operations or supply chain is an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience in port to storage management/coordination.
Why Work for Oppy
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes 401K match and benefits.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.