Marketing Data Analyst
Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a keen attention to detail and an interest in learning about an exciting and dynamic industry. Dive deep into the data that drives our business and provide insights to decision makers to propel results. Join a global team that is passionate about what they do in an industry that offers diverse opportunities.
If you enjoy a challenge and would love to contribute your sharp analytical and organizational skills to a dedicated and dynamic team, this is the opportunity for you!
The Marketing Data Analyst produces market-focused reports and analysis for assigned categories in order to enable sound business management and decision making, providing commercially focused recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Insights Lead, the Marketing Data Analyst liaises with category leaders and other departments to develop appropriate analytics and presentation materials that provide insight and foster constructive dialogue.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Complete timely analyses for sales, business development, category and marketing teams using such diverse data resources as: Nielsen, IRI, USDA, Stats Canada, 84.51 (Kroger), Google Analytics and others
- Participate in pre-season planning and post-season reviews with in-depth analyses for assigned categories.
- Uncover opportunities for business growth at retail by analyzing product performance, including velocity, pricing and the impact of promotions.
- Closely track the changes in the wider industry and trade conditions so the teams stay well-informed – e.g. imports and exports, demand, growth, etc. of the products in Oppy’s current portfolio as well as those of interest.
- Periodically design and conduct consumer research via external platforms.
- Produces charts, reports and dashboards to ensure that the teams have continuous access to market insights.
- Format analyses into power point slides in a concise, easily interpreted manner for those who present the data, including key takeaways and fact-based suggestions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct other ad hoc business analyses as assigned.
- Promote a customer-focused, collaborative culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Communication Champion. You have strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to be focused and clear while establishing and maintaining effective business relationships.
- Analytical. You are able to source, analyze, and effectively communicate relevant data and market research to internal and external stakeholders with ease. Your critical thinking and attention to detail skills assists in pattern recognition as well as ensuring data accuracy
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- Resilient. You remain positive and poised in all situations, you understand that the world is a dynamic place. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with a diverse range of people and experience levels.
- Impactful. You have passion and the confidence to be an extraordinary networker and will keep trying until you get results. You have a way with words, relish the opportunity to pitch something to an audience and never shy away from the difficult conversations.
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in marketing will give you a foundation to build your experience. If you have retail or agri-business experience, that rocks too!
- Experienced. You ideally have minimum, 1 – 2 years experience in retail marketing/sales-focused analytics and presentations; previous produce-related experience considered an asset.
Why Join Our Team
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry;
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that a full benefits package, lifestyle spending account, and more!
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.