Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America’s top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! Looking for an opportunity to grow and learn in a fast-paced and interesting global organization? We have a new opportunity for a Manufacturing Coordinator to help successfully lead the manufacturing and repack operations on the East Coast.
If you enjoy a challenge and would love to contribute your detail oriented and organizational skills to a dedicated and dynamic team, this is the opportunity for you!
What You Will be Doing
As Manufacturing Coordinator, you will work closely with the team to help manage the manufacturing/repack operations, while ensuring that customer specifications are met and all operational and food safety requirements are maintained. You will work to minimize product losses and maximize returns for the company and grower. You will also proactively communicate to internal departments and external stakeholders in order to facilitate efficient packaging, movement and handling of product.
- Coordinate scheduling for repack and reconditioning operations to ensure that customer expectations are met
- Monitor the condition and quality of products in inventory for repack work orders. Assist in the selection of products for work orders and managing inventory rotation
- Utilize QC ratings/scores to forecast and plan for repack operations
- Maintain labour rates for third party repack operations; communicate with packaging and categories as required
- Manage 8E hold product; once USDA inspects product, remove hold and forwards info to QC/OPS and Category Directors. For failed USDA inspections; coordinate with Category Directors on direction for the product
- Coordinate 8E hold product follow through on reconditioning, re-inspections and releases. Liaise with multiple parties if 8E product fails upon re-inspection
- Coordinate claims for inbound claim related reconditioned/damaged product between operations, transport and accounting
- Responsible for maintaining packaging inventory and communicating levels to packaging. Receive packaging shipments, creates inventory transfers for packaging and manage monthly packaging inventory count
- Ensure that food safety regulations are upheld for all stored packaging inventory
- Work in conjunction with internal leaders and team to update costing models, ensure adherence to packaging policies and procedures
- Provide input on system integration and new process development for repack and packaging
- Document repack product data (conversion, reconditioning, high losses, low losses) and communicate with Category Directors, QC and other parties as required
- Coordinate and communicates with slotters and DOT regarding product readiness (ETC) for outbound orders
- Collaborate on developing and maintaining manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the department
- Work with Inventory, Sales and Accounting as well as cold storage staff to investigate and resolve warehouse or repack room related issues accurately and quickly
- Build and maintain effective relationships with USDA representatives, warehouse personnel, commodity managers, growers and grower representatives
Who You Are
- A Team Player. You work cooperatively with various departments and foster teamwork
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and communicate information to appropriate parties
- Flexible. You are on-call and occasionally work evenings and/or weekends
- Dependable. You can travel locally and have the use of your own vehicle
- Adaptable. You can work in cold temperatures in a warehouse and product storage environment.
- Detail Oriented. You have an eye for detail. You are experienced with accurately processing a large volume of transactions and have been recognized for your ability to spot trends and discrepancies.
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with all you come into contact with. Your communication is clear, concise and positively focused.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Excel, Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
- Schooled. You have a degree, diploma or related industry training in agri-business.
- Experienced. You have 2-4 years of experience in operations, production or quality control; produce industry experience preferred. Experience in specific Oppy commodities is an asset.
If you are interested in the position please email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected] or use the form below.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.