OPPORTUNITY ALERT: In partnership with one of North America's top fresh produce companies, and one California’s largest berry farms there is an opportunity for a Farm Financial Analyst. This position based in Oxnard, California is well suited for an individual with a sound understanding of agricultural/farm operations, and solid experience in financial forecasting and analysis.
As a financial and operational business partner, you will work side-by-side with key stakeholders to work to increase profitability of business operations. Main areas of support will include conducting profitability analysis, proposing and evaluating risk management strategies, crop forecast modeling and downstream impact analysis, and guiding various analytic and KPI efforts. This diverse new role is anticipated to be 75% financial in nature and 25% field/operations. Join a dedicated team of professionals in a role that offers variety and challenge in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
- Translates farm business operational decisions such as crop planning and weather events into financial data to inform sound planning and risk mitigation strategies.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to explore and recommend field-level actions using analytical data and modeling.
- Builds financial models, clearly maps out scenarios and the potential financial impacts; clearly communicates with multiple parties, taking a synergistic approach.
- Prepares internal memos to coordinate the communication flow between companies on a range of topics including yield and forecast changes and costs.
- Collaborates to develop and track key performance indicators to help enable sound field and operational decisions.
- Assists with leading the weekly financial update meeting to review updates to the working forecast, expenses, and other material issues.
- Develops reports and presentations as required. Liaises with various parties to gather and compile needed data.
- Assists with other financial and operational tasks as requested.
- Takes a highly participative and positive approach with all business leaders and employees, helping to perpetuate constructive working relationships.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, standards, practices and tools of accounting, finance and data warehouse systems, and data business analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to take a positive and collaborative approach, build strong relationships, work effectively, and interact professionally at all levels.
- Advanced PC application skills including Excel, Word and Outlook; experience working in an ERP environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, taking a proactive approach to handle multiple tasks and adjust to changing conditions quickly.
- Process-oriented; the ability to think things through from a systems perspective, while maintaining an strict attention to detail.
- Works accurately and is able to function under frequent pressures and tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with high standards; ability to work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong evaluative and analytical skills; ability to problem solve and make appropriate business decisions and recommendations
- Experienced in bottom line accountability combined with a good blend of overall business savvy; able to make recommendations and communicate effectively.
- First hand experience and knowledge of produce farming operations
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience with financial planning & analysis, financial reporting, and cash flow modelling and forecasting.
- CPA designation preferred or working towards such a designation an asset
- Degree in finance/accounting, agri-business, or related fields
If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.