Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
We are looking for an administrator extraordinaire to support our Newark office as the Executive Assistant, providing senior-level support for an executive in that location. Bring your positive and professional demeanor join a dedicated team of professionals in a role that offers variety and challenge in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. The ideal candidate must be self-directed with the ability to quickly identify priorities and pivot between various tasks, while actively cultivating positive and team-oriented working relationships at all levels. This multi-faceted role is required on-site.
- Provides an advanced level of administrative support to assigned executives and managers including preparing correspondence and reports, compiling and entering expense reports and various other duties as required.
- Serves as a liaison between the executives, managers and business associates as required to help maintain effective relationships and communications across all departments.
- Proactively manages and prioritizes executives schedule; coordinates a complex calendar.
- Acts as front-office reception, answering a small volume of calls as well as facilitating positive impressions and schedules for office visitors as needed.
- Manages general office needs such as supplies ordering, liaising with remote facilities manager on maintenance/issue resolution. Leads the support of a healthy, clean, well-organized and hospitable office space.
- Coordinates details of meetings and events ranging from small to large event planning. Facilitates effective meetings by preparing, pre-reviewing and circulating applicable materials.
- Maintains a detailed account of meetings to ensure consistent and accurate information management.
- Assists with various office administrative tasks including the creation of presentation materials, answering general inquiries and routing individuals to the appropriate resource.
- Prepares and organizes travel arrangements for individuals and groups of employees as required. Ensure all such arrangements fall within the corporate travel policy.
- Carries out team and morale event planning and arrangement of holiday activities and celebrations.
- Effectively prioritizes numerous requests and incoming information, ensuring appropriate level of urgency is given to each.
- May provide backup and support to the rest of the executive assistant team.
- May provide support to sales managers, including generating and/or updating reports and sales matrix, creating national sales call agenda and notes, and other duties as needed.
- May provide accounting support as needed such as trouble files, daily invoicing, and A/P Vendor set up.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain positive, highly effective business relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with executive level clients; possesses a high degree of patience and perceptiveness.
- Skilled in listening and anticipating needs proactively. Where appropriate, has the ability to take initiative and guide actions towards successful achievement of goals.
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgement and act with tact and discretion; ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills; able to compose high-level memos, emails and documents using best practice business writing principles.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to balance complex priorities and deadlines.
- Strong evaluative and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and anticipate needs.
- Flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to occasionally work hours outside typical schedule as required for special events.
- Minimum, 3-6 years of executive support experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree, diploma in Business Administration or related field considered an asset.
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We believe in you bringing your best true self and your best ideas, because diverse perspectives contribute to better problem solving and solutions in a dynamic and ever evolving industry.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that includes health, dental & vision coverage, 401k match, tuition reimbursement and benefits!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.