Business Development Representative
Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be a dynamic self-starter who thrives on building relationships and has an innate ability to be creative and compelling in equal amounts. A story teller extraordinaire, who can also balance budgets; you will be ready to jump in and grow existing relationships as well as foster new ones by hitting the road and getting in front of key players in the industry. Working shoulder to shoulder with sales and marketing teams you are innovative and solutions-oriented. Provide the spark for the continued development of the most important department for all Oppy retail customers within your zone.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide outstanding customer service to assigned retail, wholesale and food service accounts with an eye to increase company market share for our products and brands.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, internally and externally to help increase sales and interaction related to assigned accounts.
- Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, helping to develop stronger relationships with targeted accounts.
- Arrange and attend sales meetings with accounts as needed in order to promote company products and services in accordance with established sales targets.
- Provide business and analytical support to the sales and marketing department, including assisting in the preparation and delivery of customer business reviews and category presentations to help promote awareness of Oppy Brands and products.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues arising from meetings, liaising with all parties to find creative solutions.
- Work with sales representatives and category directors to develop targeted and strategic sales and promotional programs and account plans.
- Complete monthly retail/customer visits and communicate market intel to senior management, category directors, and deal managers.
- Act as a brand ambassador, nurturing the positive reputation of Oppy and associated brands.
- A Communication Maven. You are adept at quickly building impactful presentations, have a way with word, relish the opportunity to pitch something to an audience and never shy away from the difficult conversations.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically pursue new business opportunities. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- Impactful. You have passion and the confidence to be an extraordinary networker and will keep trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You will be juggling marketing campaigns, multiple brands and retailers; working across departments with a wicked eye for detail.
- Analytically driven. You know what is working and what is not. You use data to make decisions, communicate and influence.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Tec Savvy. You know your way around Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
- Flexible. You are cool with frequent travel throughout your region and occasionally outside of it.
- Schooled. You have a degree or diploma in business with a focus on sales and marketing. If you have retail or agri-business experience that really rocks!
Why Join Our Team
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes 401K match and benefits.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.