Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America's top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market and move over 50 million cases of fresh produce annually including grapes, berries, kiwi, apples, hothouse and more! With strategic brand partnerships, we connect with the premier growers and labels from around the world and sell to most of the largest retailers in North America.
Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for a motivated individual to join our global headquarters in Coquitlam, BC. This is a perfect fit for a sales professional with the drive to establish, grow and maintain a customer base for their assigned territory. You will sell company products and related services in accordance with established sales targets to ensure sales revenue is maximized while maintaining growth for key accounts. Building and maintaining effective working relationships in a rapidly changing, high-pressure environment is your forte. This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for growth. Come learn with us and contribute to a dedicated team of sales professionals that love what they do.
What You Will Be Doing
Your energy and customer service orientation will drive you to provide excellent service for both internal and external customers while maintaining effective working relationships throughout the organization. Your experience and ability to quickly build relationships and pursue new opportunities will provide the springboard to grow sales in the region. You will:
- Provide sales support to existing customers, aggressively solicit new customers, and make sales presentations.
- Sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets. Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Participate in designing strategies, tactics and goals to increase quality sales relationships and build overall revenue.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, resolve final pricing issues, and related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Implement, monitor and achieve department and/or company sales goals, strategies, programs, plans and services.
- Prepare and enter sales forecasts in computerized files, and evaluate results. Advise team members of sales status and potential problems in a timely manner.
- Manage assigned deals, key accounts or categories in accordance with established standards and practice.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Entrepreneurial & Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results. You can think outside the box and have a desire to succeed.
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with all you come into contact with. Your communication is clear, concise and positively focused.
- Experienced. You ideally have 5 to 7 years progressive and successful experience in B2B sales and marketing. If you have experience in the produce industry that is an asset.
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business will give you a foundation to build your experience.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to learn the business, get results and improve your skills. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments. You demonstrate integrity and trust in all activities.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you. Travelling for work excites you!
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Excel, Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
Why Work for Oppy
- We are the perfect size of organization that is still nimble but yet organized; where meaningful impact and contributions happen;
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed;
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
To apply kindly email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected].
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.