Grow Our Tomorrow. Oppy is a leading grower, marketer and distributor of fresh produce from around the world. As one of North America’s top produce companies for nearly 165 years, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from 27 countries to 1,300+ retailers in North America and throughout the world. As much as agriculture has shaped the past for humankind, Oppy’s efforts shape its future by sustainably providing families with healthy, safe and fresh produce to create a better quality of life for all. Our progressive team is called to a higher purpose that raises the economic wellbeing of families and communities who work the land.
Recognized as one Canada’s Best Managed Companies (for the last 20 years!) and a Top 100 Employer, our diverse team of dedicated professionals collaborate and make connections across our locations throughout North and South America. We owe our success to our adaptability, innovative and entrepreneurial approach, our commitment to our people, and the incredible relationships we build. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can grow your skills and career in a sector with abundant opportunity. Grow your tomorrow with us, today.
Reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant provides senior-level support to assigned functional areas or executive managers. Responsible for skillfully planning and organizing complex schedules and business activities in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability. Actively contributes to effective departmental functioning, enhancing organizational efficiency, and promoting a collaborative and cooperative workplace culture. Manages tasks with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality, and exhibits excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Demonstrates a strong sense of accountability and commitment to excellence, ensuring the delivery of high-quality administrative services.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends various meetings, performing the preparation of meeting agendas, creation of presentation materials, coordinating logistics, record of meeting minutes, and scheduling of follow-up meetings; maintains a detailed account of meetings to ensure consistent and accurate information management.
- Proactively manages and prioritizes assigned executive’s schedule; effectively prioritizes numerous requests and incoming information, ensuring appropriate level of urgency is given to each.
- Prepares and organizes travel arrangements, including flights and accommodations, for assigned executive managers and/or other assigned parties in accordance with the corporate travel policy.
- Manages assigned executive manager’s and/other assigned parties vacation requests, including tracking, submission, and annual review.
- Schedules and coordinates performance review meetings for assigned executive managers, ensuring all parties are notified and any necessary documentation is prepared in advance.
- Performs monthly tracking of actual vs. plan for third-party labour management, ensuring that any discrepancies are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance in the creation of corporate calendar and office tour presentation in partnership with the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Schedules appointments with a Notary as required ensuring that all necessary documentation is prepared in advance.
- Prepares Delegation of Authority letters and relevant correspondence; performs final review with executive manager, and send to addressed parties.
- Maintains calendar of business partner acknowledgments, including birthdays, holidays, and other important dates; ensures acknowledgments are prepared in a timely manner and that they are delivered to the appropriate individuals.
- Provides back-up support to the Chairman and CEO in absence of the Senior Executive Assistant as required.
- Serves as a liaison between the executives, managers and business associates as required to help maintain effective relationships and communications across all departments.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as experience with database management, record keeping, and data entry.
- Proven experience in (but not limited to) planning and coordinating complex meetings and events, generating reports and recording meeting minutes, performing expense reconciliations, and coordinating travel arrangements for assigned functional areas or executive managers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal) and customer service skills; experienced in composing high-level memos, emails and documents using best practice business writing principles.
- Proven success in identifying and anticipating needs, possessing a high degree of patience and perceptiveness.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, highly effective business relationships with executive level clients, at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability in exercising good judgement, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; demonstrates a high level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to balance complex priorities and deadlines.
- Positive and engaging attitude, with a commitment to fostering an inclusive, supportive, and fun working environment.
- Degree, diploma in Business Administration or related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum, 2 – 4 years of executive support experience in a fast-paced environment.
Why Join Our Team
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We offer a hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and at-home work arrangements.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a full benefits package, lifestyle spending account, continuing educational support and company contributions to pension plan.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.